February 19, 2009

Tweet?

At the risk of losing all cred with tech enthusiast readers, let me use a suggestion (from Dwight) as a point of departure:

I thought I would recommend that you both consider adopting Twitter as part of your blogging presence in 2009.

Twitter was organized in 2006 and hit 6 million registered users by the end of 2008 a 600% increase over the prior year. Facebook recently offerred to purchase Twitter for $500 million in stock but the offer was rejected. Google has also been thinking about Twitter [many examples of who is using it and why, with links]...

At a minimum, even if you choose not to tweet on Twitter, you can at least feed your blog posts to Twitter via Twitterfeed.

Now even though I probably in the end relent and wind up feeding posts on Twitter, I am deeply troubled by a communication medium that limits messages to 140 characters, and I'll return to that shortly.
More from Yves Smith at Naked Capitalism

No comments:

Post a Comment