February 25, 2009

History of Video Games (1972-2007)




The quality of this video isnt great, and it only spans through 2007, but when I first saw this, it was the closest to the weepy eyed nostalgia that video game memories evoke within me. I make fun of myself for misty eyed Golden Eye musings, or fond reveries of Super Mario 3. But I am a child of technology, and my sensory triggers include video games.

Please list any video games that give you that old tingly feeling of the days o' yore. I'll start.

Turok for the N64.
oh, and Q-bert for the Colecovision.

3 comments:

  1. God, the hours we "wasted" playing GoldenEye and after that, Perfect Dark. Before GoldenEye there was WCW vs. NWO. On the PS1 was Metal Gear Solid, Medal of Honor and Final Fantasy VII. I've played every Resident Evil in every format and loved them all. Super Mario 3 and Dig-Dug will always remind me of Slim. Star Wars Arcade will always remind me of childhood pizza joints. Dustin Hughes and his portable Macross. Somebody stop me....

    ReplyDelete
  2. fairlight for the zx spectrum 48K (http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseekid.cgi?id=0001712), though i never managed to get out of the first few rooms :)

    ReplyDelete